Embu Town Settlement’s Infrastructure Improvement Works Tenders 2016
REPUBLIC OF KENYA MINISTRY OF LAND, HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT
Kenya Informal Settlements Improvement Project (KISIP)
Credit No: IDA 4873-KE
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
CONSTRUCTION OF EMBU TOWN SETTLEMENT’S INFRASTRUCTURE IMPROVEMENT WORKS IN DALLAS INFORMAL SETTLEMENTS (ROADS/FOOT PATHS, &DRAINAGE, AND SEWERAGE) IN ONE (1) LOT- TOTAL 1 CONTRACT
NCB NO: MLHUD/KISIP/WKS/001/2015-2016
- This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in UN Development Business; issue No. 803 of 31st July 2011
- The Government of Kenya has received a credit from the World Bank for the implementation of the Kenya Informal Settlements Improvement Project (KISIP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of the funding to payments under this contract No: MLHUD/KISIP/WKS/001/2015-2016 for Construction of Embu Town Settlement’s Infrastructure Improvement Works in Dallas Informal Settlements (Roads/&Drainage, Sewerage) in One (1) Lot- Total One (1) Contract. Bidding will be governed by the World Bank’s eligibility rules and procedures
- The Ministry of Land, Housing and Urban Development through the Kenya Informal Settlement Improvement Project now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for Construction of Embu Town Settlement’s Infrastructure Improvement Works (Roads& Drainage and Sewerage) in One (1) Lot as follows:
MLHUD/KISIP/WKS/001/2015-2016 Construction of Embu Town Settlement’s Infrastructure Improvement Works (Roads/Foot Paths & Drainage and Sewerage Works
More details are contained in the bidding documents.
- The Scope of Works will comprise but not limited to construction of the following major Components: Roads/& Drainage Works in Dallas Settlements Construction of 870 m of urban roads and400m offootpaths following the existing urban road and footpath alignment. Sewerage Works, Construction of 440m of sewer line.
- The Construction Period in Months shall be 12 calendar months. A margin of preference shall not be applied.
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s “Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits” published by the Bank in May 2004 and revised in October 2006 and May 2010, and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
- Bidders have the option to bid for one or more Lots but must bid for all items in a Lot. Bids quoting for incomplete items in a Lot shall be considered non-responsive and rejected. Bids shall be evaluated on a Lot-by-Lot basis and the lowest evaluated bidder for each Lot will be awarded the contract for the Lot. The Employer shall verify the authenticity of supporting documents submitted with bid and any bidder found to have forged documents shall be rejected and recommended for BLACKLISTING by the Government of the Republic of Kenya and World Bank.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Ministry of Land, Housing and Urban Development – KISIP office Elgon Road Opposite Kadhi Court, Upper hill; Procurement Office ; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to email@example.com and inspect the Bidding Documents from 0900 to 1600 hours from Monday to Friday excluding lunch hour (1300 to 1400Hrs) and public holidays.
The employer shall conduct, for the three lots, in the three settlements, a mandatory pre- bid site visits and meeting to enable the prospective bidders to assess, examine and seek site related clarifications. Pre- bid meeting shall take place on 11th April, 2016.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee Kenya Shillings Kshs. 2,000 or in any other freely convertible currency. The method of payment will be Bankers Cheque in favor of Principle Secretary, Ministry of Land, Housing and Urban Development, State Department of Housing and Urban Development or cash paid at cash office located at the address given below.The Bidding Documents will be collected from the address given in (8) above upon production of a purchase receipt.
- Bids must be delivered or submitted to the address below at or before 27th April 2016. .The packages should be clearly marked: Construction of Embu Town Settlement’s Infrastructure Improvement Works in Dallas Informal settlements (Roads/Foot Paths &Drainage, and Sewerage), Contract NO: MLHUD/KISIP/WKS/004/2014-2015.and placed in the Tender Box located at Ardhi House, 6th Floor-Reception, 1st Ngong Avenue, Ngong Road, Nairobi. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below at 1100 hours EAT on 27th April 2016.
- All Bid shall include a Bid Security of Kenya Shillings 2,500,000 (Two million five hundred thousand shillings only) or equivalent amount in freely convertible currency. The bid security shall be unconditional on demand guarantee issued by a bank. Any Bid Security issued by a foreign bank(s) SHALL be endorsed by a corresponding local Bank in Kenya
- The address referred to above is:
Ministry of Land, Housing and Urban Development
State Department of Housing and Urban Development
Ardhi House, 6th Floor-Reception
1st Ngong Avenue, off Ngong Road