UNFPA Job Vacancies In Kenya
- Post Title: National Project Professional Personnel (NPPP) – HIV Prevention/ Vulnerable Population Nairobi, Kenya
- Contract Type: Service Contract
- Grade/Band: SB4
- Direct Supervisor: Head, Stakeholder Coordination
- Duty Station: National Aids Control Council
- Duration: One year, renewable subject to funding and satisfactory performance
NACC has identified a number of priority populations who need special targeting to reduce their risk and/or vulnerability to HIV/AIDS. These groups include Sex Workers (SWs), Men who have Sex with Men (MSM), Persons Who Inject Drug (PWIDs), Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) and other marginalized populations. In order to have a well-coordinated implementation of the national response, NACC will strengthen networks and design effective programs targeting these priority populations.
Core Working Relationships:
Key Populations: Sex workers, Men who have sex with men (MSM), Persons who Inject Drugs (PWID) Vulnerable populations include: In Prison and other closed settings; People with Disabilities; Orphans and Street Children; Fishing Communities; Migrant Populations and People living with HIV.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop key and vulnerable populations advocacy agenda with stakeholders
- Network and build appropriate partnerships
- Implement advocacy strategies for Kenya AIDS Strategic Framework for Vulnerable, Marginalized and Priority populations
- Facilitate capacity assessments, evaluations and strengthening
- Enhance visibility among stakeholders for the mutual benefit of NACC and stakeholders
Duties & Responsibilities:
Spearhead the mobilization and facilitation of Vulnerable, Marginalized and Priority Populations in the national HIV response to ensure their effective participation in policy development, strategic planning and budgeting.
- Facilitate forums that enhance partnerships, networking and linkages between Vulnerable,
- Marginalized and Priority Populations organizations and other sectors.
- Provide necessary leadership and support in the development and design of the sector’s response to
- HIV and AIDS response as guided by the KASF.
- Monitor the implementation of the Key Population policy and other priority population documents
- Organize consultative forums for the priority populations specifically convene quarterly Key Population Advocacy and Violence prevention Taskforce and Disability Working group meetings
- Facilitate capacity building needs assessments among the Vulnerable, Marginalized and Priority Populations and liaising with relevant units within NACC and its partners for necessary support
- Facilitate effective communication between NACC and the Vulnerable, Marginalized and Priority populations providing necessary information to them that facilitate effective collaboration with NACC and other stakeholders in the prevention and control of HIV and AIDS.
- Facilitate development and production of Information, Communication and Education materials for Vulnerable, Marginalized and Priority Populations programmes in collaboration with the communication division.
- Provide technical backstopping to the networks in the area of proposal and work plan development for resource mobilization for implementation of their programs .
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Director, Deputy Director Coordination and Support, Head of Stakeholders Coordination and UNFPA. .
- Organize consultative forums for the vulnerable
Qualification and Experience
- Successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Nursing, Management / Business Administration, or Biological Sciences from a recognized institution or its equivalent
- Minimum five (5) years relevant experience
- Experience in public sector and international organization will be an added advantage
- The ability for advocacy and advancing a policy oriented agenda
- Experience in policy or strategy development processes
- A track record in innovation and marketing of new approaches
- Integrity, commitment and respect for diversity
- Skills to manage relationships, communicate and develop people
- An ability for analytical and strategic thinking and results orientation
- Have demonstrated a high degree of initiative, flexibility and reliability
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills, networking, planning skills
- Ability to influence, mobilize and provide recommendations
Closing Date: 13 May 2016
Eligibility: Open to Kenyan nationals only
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications may send their applications to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the post title on the subject line. Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees