Risk Officer Job Vacancies In Kenya
RISK OFFICER (JOB REF: HR/RO/2016)
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, the Risk Officer will be charged with the responsibility of assessing and identifying organization risks. He/she will also offer advice on risk mitigation measures that need to be implemented by the organization in order to minimize risk exposure.
Key accountabilities for this position will be:
- Facilitating Risk and Control Self-Assessment.
- Reviewing and updating risk registers.
- Working with the risk owners in the identification and evaluation of key risks, their causes and the development and monitoring implementation of action plans to address any gaps in risk mitigation.
- Updating and monitoring implementation of the Authority’s Risk Appetite Statement to ensure risks are managed within the set tolerance levels.
- Analyzing trends in the key risk indicators in departments and evaluating action taken on Key Risk Indicators reported as high and medium.
- Develop risk metrics and dashboards.
- Monitoring and evaluating management of risk incidences, including incidence recording and post incidence analysis, to establish whether adequate action is taken on minimizing their impact and preventing their occurrence.
- Working with risk owners in identifying key legislative and regulatory requirements and key controls for their departments and implementation of a framework to monitor compliance to these requirements and controls.
- Monitoring and analyzing compliance trends (on legislative and regulatory requirements) and actions taken to address noted compliance gaps.
- Undertaking capacity building and awareness on Enterprise Risk Management, including legal and regulatory compliance in the organization.
- Any other duties assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate should be in possession of:
- A business related degree or equivalent (Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, Business Administration) from a recognized University.
- Professional qualifications and/or certification in Risk Management.
- Membership to a recognized professional body in Risk Management.
- Three (3) years middle level management experience with clear understanding of and knowledge in Enterprise Risk Management Framework Implementation.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and Audit Command Language (ACL)
Those interested and who meet the above requirements are invited to apply by quoting the reference number for the position on both the applications letter and the envelope. Applications accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials addressed as below should be received not later than 6th April 2016.
P.O. Box 49010 – 00100 Nairobi
or dropped physically at The Nation Media Group Ad Centre office on the ground floor of Nation Centre, Kimathi
You might also be interested in: