Research Manager Jobs In Kisumu Kenya
Impact Research and Development Organization is a registered Kenyan NGO with a head office in Kisumu and regional offices in ten counties. IRDO’s principal mandate is to design, implement and evaluate HIV/AIDS research and intervention programs that improve the health status of individuals and local communities. We are looking for qualified and experienced personnel to fill in the following position;
POSITION TITLE: RESEARCH MANAGER
Position summary: Reporting to the Director, the Research Manager will lead or support research protocol development and manuscript writing and directly oversee all research studies under IRDO, including compliance with good clinical practices.
- Oversee implementation of research studies, including provision of ongoing review of study activities
- Ensure studies are conducted in compliance with good clinical, laboratory and community practices
- Prepare monthly reports for all active studies and submit to the supervisor and sponsor/donor
- Oversee timely IRB processes as well as approvals from relevant government entities
- Identify grant opportunities and lead/support preparation of applications
- Lead manuscript preparation and submissions, including supporting data analysis
- PhD in a relevant field and MPH in Epidemiology or Biostatistics from a university with a strong research profile
- At least 5 years coordinating multiple research studies in a major research organization
- At least 5 publications in referred journals, with at least 1 as the first author.
- Evidence of having written at least one winning grant proposal
- Ability to conduct data analysis – quantitative and/or qualitative – strongly encouraged.
- Excellent computer literacy and communication skills
Submit applications, complete with CV, copies of certificates and testimonials, names and telephone numbers of three professional referees, current and expected salary, to reach the undersigned not later than 1st May 2016.
The Human Resources Manager,
Impact Research and Development Organization
P.O. Box 9171 – 40141