Nakuru Water & Sanitation Services Company Directors Job Vacancies
APPLICATION FOR APPOINTMENT OF DIRECTORS FOR NAKURU WATER AND SANITATION SERVICES COMPANY
Following the promulgation of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010, and the subsequent dissolution of the former Local Authorities, the provision of water services is now a devolved function of the County Governments. Consequently the County Governments took over the ownership of the Water Service Providers (WSPs) within their Counties. Subsequently, Nakuru Water and Sanitation Services Company (Nawassco) has amended its Memorandum and Articles of Association to reflect the changes. Under the provisions of the Water Act, 2002, the Rift Valley Water Services Board (RVWSB) is licensed by the Water Services Regulatory Board (WASREB) to provide efficient and economical water services within its area of jurisdiction pending the passage of the proposed Water Bill 2014.
In this regard, the RVWSB and the County Government of Nakuru continue to collaborate to ensure that the water sector Corporate Governance Guidelines and Standards continue to be implemented and maintained. Under the said guidelines, the WSPs are managed by a Board of Directors whose primary function is oversight – overseeing the conduct of the Company’s business so that it is effectively managed in the long-term interest of shareholders and stakeholders. The day to day management of the WSPs is carried out by a management team headed by a Managing Director. In this respect, therefore, the County Government of Nakuru, intends to fill two (2) vacant positions in the Board of Nawassco as indicated below:
Background of the Directors
The composition of the directors requires a mix of skills. The mix of skills should be from the manufacturing community, professional bodies, resident organizations, women organizations and local stakeholder groups such as schools, farmers, youth groups, geographical representation etc. The selection process will be subjected to the Constitutional requirement of gender balance.
To be eligible, all the persons appointed to the Board must:
- Be literate and numerate to at least O- level.
- Demonstrate experience and acumen in a business or any profession for at least 5 years.
- Demonstrate participation in local development initiatives.
- Have experience as change management agent.
- Not be suppliers or other trading associates of the company.
- Not be persons in current professional or social relationships with directors of the Company.
- Be a resident within the area served by the Company.
- Obtain recommendation from the nominating body where applicable.
- Fulfill conditions of chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity. (Applicants must seek clearance from EACC, HELB, KRA & CID)
Applications are invited from qualified individuals wishing to be considered to serve as directors of Nawassco in the following categories:
- One representative from the manufacturing community within Nakuru Municipality.
- One representative from business community active within Nakuru Municipality.
Interested persons should submit their applications and curriculum vitae (CVs) indicating the local stakeholder group they belong to and the area of residence within the service area of the Company. The application should be sent in a plain and sealed envelope marked “Application for Directorship” and deposited or sent to the following address:-
The Chairperson, Selection Panel,
C/o Managing Director
Nakuru Water and Sanitation Services Company
P.O Box 16314-20100
The applications should reach the above address on or before 2pm on Wednesday, 4th May, 2016.
You might also be interested in: