Mombasa County Housing Policy Formulation Consultancy Services Tenders EOI
Kenya Informal Settlements Improvement Project (KISIP) Credit No: 4873-KE
CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION- Request for Expressions of Interest (REOI) Consultancy Services to support the Formulation of Housing Policy for Mombasa County.
Contract No. MLHUD/KISIP/CS/003/ 2015-2016
- This Request for Expression of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in Development Business; issue No. 803 of 31st July 2011.
- The Government of Kenya has received a Credit from International Development Association (IDA) for the Kenya Informal Settlements Improvement Project (KISIP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this Credit to payments under this contract of Consultancy services to support the formulation of a housing policy for Mombasa County. Contract No. (MLHUD/KISIP/CS/003/2015-2016)
- The objective of this assignment is to provide technical support to Mombasa County in the formulation of the housing policy that is cohesive, coherent and can stimulate housing provision. More particularly the support will involve assisting in the interpretation of the National Housing Policy to be more responsive in dealing with the unique challenges facing Mombasa County.
- Scope of Services: The scope of this assignment is to support the formulation of a coherent set of values and principles designed to facilitate affordable housing development in Mombasa. The technical support will ensure a process of consultation and participation in order to accommodate all Socio-economic groups. This should include consultations with County Government and key Stakeholders in order to understand existing challenges, and recommend strategies for overcoming them.
- The services are expected to be completed within 24 weeks upon commencement.
- The Ministry of Land, Housing and Urban Development through the Kenya Informal Settlement Improvement Project (KISIP) now invites eligible firms to express their interest in providing the services. Interested firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, and CVs to show availability of appropriate skills among staff, e.t.c)
- The consultant firm will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (May 2004, Revised October 1, 2006, and May 2010). Interested firms may obtain further information at the address below from 0800 to 1700 hours from Monday to Friday excluding lunch hour (1300 to 1400 Hrs) and public holidays.
- Expression of interest should be submitted through one of the following modalities: (i) deposit in the tender box located on 6th Floor, Ardhi House in Nairobi, and/or (ii) by email to: email@example.com.Expression of Interest documents that are deposited in the tender box should be clearly marked Contract No. MLHUD/KISIP/CS/003/ 2015-2016 REOI consultancy services to support the formulation of a housing policy for Mombasa County.
- The Expression of Interest shall be closed and opened on 05/05/2016 at 1100 hrs East African Time,
State Department of Housing and Urban Development
Ministry of Land, Housing and Urban Development
Ardhi House, 6th Floor-Reception , 1st Ngong Avenue, off Ngong Road