Kenya How to Do A KRA Car Search Before Buying
Now you can conveniently perform due diligence before purchasing a car in Kenya by performing a NTSA Car Search. To perform a car search in Kenya you will first need to register for an eCitizen account. Registration is free and you will need your National ID to register and set up your password.
- LOG ON TO KENYA ECITIZEN HERE and Choose eCitizen Kenya Citizen Option– enter your ID No and First Name as it appears on your National ID
- Choose National Transport and Safety Authority Category – on the NTSA dashboard choose MAKE APPLICATION. Their are multiple choices to choose from but choose MOTOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION>>> Choose Motor Vehicle Search (Copy of Records)
- Click on the APPLY NOW Button >>>>Enter Vehicle Registration No with NO SPACES e.g. KAA 001A should be KAA001A and CLICK CONTINUE. Confirm Your Registration No Entry and Proceed To Payment.
- PROCEED TO PAYMENT ( Choose a Payment Method i.e. either Mpesa, Airtel Money , Debit.Credit Card, Mobikash, eCitizen Agent, Cash) Once You Choose your payment option follow the instructions as provided and make payment of Ksh 550/- . Kindly note that there is a paybill charge so have extra shillings in your account.
- CONFIRM PAYMENT– After making the payment wait a few minutes and click on confirm payment for it to be synchronized with NTSA system. The system will confirm payment has been successful and automatically redirect you to the My Applications Download. On the Applications dashboard on your right side choose Actions and click on print and download the document. You can now view the document in pdf format.
NOTE: The NTSA/KRA Car Search copy of records provides you with the details listed below that will enable you to confirm with the sellers documents before purchase: Make, Vehicle Model, Body Type, Chassis No, Engine Number No, Year Of Manufacture, Name Of Owner, Address, Caveat
For Any Other Inquiries Contact NTSA Kenya on 020 6632000.0709 932 000| Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would also appreciate if you leave a comment on the form below.