Kenya Dispatch Supervisor Job Vacancy
Nation Media Group is the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa with
operations in print, electronic and digital media. It attracts and serves unparalleled audiences
in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda, and seeks to consolidate this position by recruiting a
Dispatch Supervisor for our Production Department.
The incumbent will be responsible for planning and supervising dispatch operations to ensure economic, efficient and timely dispatch of Nation and non-Nation publications within set deadlines as per ISO 9001:2008 quality practices.
Key result areas will include:
- Coordinating the conveying, collating, knocking, counting, wrapping and checking processes of dispatch so as to meet the set deadlines;
- Checking strip lists against labels to ensure they tally and alerting circulation department in case of any anomalies;
- Establishing the manpower requirement for the job at hand and ensuring the adequacy ofworkers;
- Assigning duties to dispatch controllers and outsourced staff;
- Preparing and circulating dispatch reports;
- Inducting and training new dispatch staff;
- Placing orders for adequate packaging materials from stores;
- Checking and ensuring the sealing and strapping machines are all in working order;
- Forwarding the print orders to production manager and the printing team;
- Enforcing compliance to health and safety rules in the workplace; and
- Planning a leave schedule for dispatch staff to ensure work continuity in their absence.
Skills, knowledge and experience requirement:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution;
- Higher Diploma in Logistics and supply chain;
- Three to five years of relevant experience;
- Ability to communicate both inside and outside the organisation; and
- Analytical skills and ability to write complex reports.
If you meet the above criteria, please send your application and a detailed CV online to
http://careers.nationmedia.com on or before 12th July, 2015.
N/B: We shall only contact the shortlisted candidates.