Shoppers.co.ke is a Kenyan e-commerce website launched in November 2011.Targeted at Kenyan internet users who want a hustle free shopping experience from the comforts of their office or home. It offers a wide range of products ranging from computer software to clothing and accessories. The website offers the full functionalities of an ecommerce site including a shopping cart, checkout, payment gateway and an order delivery system. From my point of view it is the first truly e-commerce website in Kenya incorporating features and functionalities adopted for the Kenyan market. Currently it is targeted at Nairobi city but plans to expand to other Kenyan cities and towns soon.
Why we think it is the next big thing in Kenyan e-commerce
- Mobile Money Payment-It recognizes that not everybody has access to a Mastercard or Visa Debit card/ Credit card , a major hindrance to buying online in Kenya and that is why it has incorporated Mobile Payments via the Kenyan online payment gateway PesaPal. This basically means you can pay for products online via your mobile money accounts e.g. M-Pesa, Airtel Money, YuCash via an easy process.
- Security-any eCommerce website is heavily reliant on the security of the transactions being carried out via its website. It incorporates state-of-the-art shopping cart and checking out systems that enable you to carry out transactions securely without unauthorized 3rd party access. Payments are processed over PesaPal network making it very secure to transact.
- Real time Order processing-The orders are processed real time due to the nature of mobile payments making delivery fast unlike other modes of payment
- Quality and Fairly priced items-most items are sourced from certified local suppliers distributors of branded products. Our products meet local and international standards and are fairly priced giving you true value for money.
- Multi-ordering Channels-It has two main methods of ordering products. You can buy the items listed on the website or call in to enquire about the availability of products.
- Simple and easy navigational design-Navigating through the website is quite an easy affair with simple buttons next to products to easily add items to your shopping cart. A checkout button is also conveniently placed for you to complete your order.
- Trust-No more anonymous sellers-buyers don’t have to deal with 3rd parties like most classifieds websites do. Products are sourced directly by shoppers.co.ke eliminating 3rd party sellers basically a buyer deals directly with shoppers.co.ke making sure you get value for your money and eliminate fraudulent transactions.
Well, time will tell if it will weather the storm that other e-commerce sites have succumbed to or will it be the ultimate e-commerce shop Kenya has been waiting for…….
You might also be interested in: