How to apply for Kenya Youth Fund Money
- To apply for the funds, first you need to form a group and register an enterprise with the Registrar of Companies either as a sole proprietor, partnership, limited company, or an association.
- It is also important to receive clearance from the Youth Enterprise Fund if you are a youth; Women Gender Directorate if a woman; and, certification from National Council for Persons with Disability if you are disabled.
- Register your enterprise with the National Treasury. Collect registration forms from the Locational Social Development Committee, a Social Development Assistant (SDA), the District Social Development Officer or download it from the website of the Ministry of State for Youth Affairs.
- Completed forms are certified by a social development assistant and forwarded to the Divisional Social Development Committee (SDC), which assesses proposals in line with guidelines.
- The divisional SDC forwards recommended proposals in order of merit to the District Social Development Committee. The district SDC conducts further assessment of the proposals, including their financial and technical viability, before a final approval for funding.
- The assessment criteria includes; registration status of the group (must be a registered group) and whether the group has been in existence for at least three months.
- Also important to the Youth Fund officials is whether your proposal is business-oriented and if your group or business has a bank account.
- It is also important that the group gets recommendation from the local SDA or the secretary of the locational SDC.