How To Apply For Akili Dada Fellowship 2015
ABOUT AKILI DADA
Akili Dada is an international award-winning leadership incubator nurturing a generation of young African women from underprivileged backgrounds whose commitment to the underserved will transform their communities. For more information visit www.akilidada.org
ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIP
Akili Dada awards year long fellowships to young African women leaders between the ages of 23-30 who are driving transformative change in their communities and are looking to grow their projects to scale and sustainability.
Fellows will be selected on the basis of the strength of their social change project, previous leadership initiative, willingness to learn from peers and more experienced mentors and the ability to share their skills with peers and intended project beneficiaries. The application is open to young women based in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi.
Akili Dada fellows will benefit from
- Access to a series of seminars from experts in the social change field
- Site visits to successful social entrepreneurship and social impact organizations
- Access to a dynamic network of Akili Dada Mentors
- Access to the Akili Dada network of funding partners and social change agents
- Access to Akili Dada’s office facilities.
On completion of the year long program, fellows will possess the skills and resources required to lead strong, healthy, accountable and sustainable organizations that are bringing about measurable social change in their communities.
- Be a young woman between the age of 23 – 30
- Be from an economically disadvantaged background.
- Have a Social Enterprise (a business with a social impact) or a Social Innovation (an initiative that has social impact).
- Demonstrate previous leadership initiative and experience.
- Have been working on your project for at least two years preferably on a full time basis
- Be able to commit one year to the fellowship program (beginning January 2016 and ending December 2016)
- Be able to attend trainings every other month for one week in Nairobi, Kenya
- Must be able to communicate in English both written and verbal.
Young women from marginalized communities (women living with disabilities, pastoralists, Arid and Semi-Arid Land areas) are encouraged to apply
To apply for this fellowship, submit your application (Max 3 pages) describing your background, your motivation to become an Akili Dada fellow and project description along with two letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org or: Director-Innovation in Leadership Program Akili Dada
P.O Box 27847-00100 Nairobi-Kenya
The deadline to send in your application is Monday, November 2nd 2015
Due to the high volume of applications we anticipate, only short listed candidates will be notified.