Central Bank Kenya Jobs 2016 – Pharmaceutical Technologist Vacancy
The Central Bank of Kenya hereby invites applications from suitably qualified, experienced and self-motivated candidates with proven track record to fill the following positions.
Pharmaceutical Technologist (1 Position)
The Pharmaceutical Technologist will ensure the safe and appropriate use of drugs in the staff clinic.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure delivery of wholesome Pharmaceutical care to all patients.
- Check prescriptions for suitability and accuracy and consult when necessary with the prescriber.
- Provide drug information to medical staff on dosages, adverse effects, appropriate dosage and any other aspects of medicines use.
- Discuss treatments with and provide information on medicines to patients.
- Ensure that medicines are stored appropriately and securely.
- Keep up-to-date with new developments in the field of pharmacy.
- Participate in the annual updating of the drug formulary.
- Participate in procurement of drugs and medical consumables.
- Preparation of individualized extemporaneous drug formulations.
- Conduct quarterly stock takes in the Pharmacy.
- Ensuring adverse events reporting and participating in Pharmaco-vigilance.
- Organizing Continuous Medical Education Meetings for Clinic Staff.
- Ensuring keeping of statutory and ethical records/registers.
- Monitoring patients on long-term medications.
- Sourcing out-of- stock drugs on prescriptions from hospitals and external pharmacies.
- Maintain surveillance on expiry dates of items in all drug stores.
- Arranging and labelling of drug shelves.
Qualifications and Experience
- Higher National Diploma in Pharmacy from an institution gazetted by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Must be enrolled with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board with a current valid practising license.
- Member of the Kenya Pharmaceutical Association.
- Five (5) years’ experience in a modern hospital pharmacy.
- KCSE Mean Grade C (Plain) with C (Plain) in Mathematics/Physics, Chemistry/Biology and English/ Kiswahili.
- Knowledge of health laws and medical legislations.
- Knowledge of pharmacy policy and legislative requirements.
- Knowledge of drug supplies and management.
- A team player, open-minded, a change champion possessing excellent communication, analytical, planning, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Mature person with a clean record, proven integrity, prudence, initiative and drive.
- Ability to think strategically with creative problem solving skills.
- Computer application skills.
If you consider yourself proactive, self-driven and up to the challenge, please visit the following link to view the job profile http://www.centralbank.go.ke/index.php/ careers and submit your application online so as to be received on or before 26th April, 2016.
- INCOMPLETE applications will not be considered
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted
- Canvassing, either directly or indirectly, will result to disqualification
“Central Bank of Kenya is an equal opportunity employer”