Bungoma County Government Job Vacancies- Director Gender & Culture
DIRECTOR, gender and CULTURE
JOB GROUP “R” (1 Post)
Duties and responsibilities
The Director Culture and the Arts will be answerable to the County Chief Officer Gender and Culture and his/her main responsibility will include design and implementation of activities related to culture heritage including long- term strategy for capacity building, policy formulation, and safeguarding and heritage education. Specifically, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Coordinate adequate planning, implementation, and follow up of activities of the assigned programs/projects. Prepare and update corresponding work plans.
- Stays informed of and apply updated finance and administrative procedures while carrying out the work.
- Maintain close collaboration with the corresponding counterparts including other county governments as well as other agencies, authorities and organizations;
- Provides technical and administrative guidelines to the relevant stakeholders on implementing County supported programmes/ projects;
- Participate in monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the programs/projects to ensure compliance with Results Based Management;
- Contribute to the formulation and preparation of project proposals, work plans and strategy documents;
- Provide field level supervision and prepare performance reports ;
- Coordinate assistance provided by consultants, review products and participate in their performance evaluation;
- Conduct research to support programme/project activities
- Be an active members of and provide support to the County Programme Coordination Groups as needed and participate in sector working groups and other relevant technical working groups and
- Ensure the integration of a gender equality, cultural diversity and human – rights based approach in program/activities design, implementation and reporting
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Minimum of ten (10) years, five (5) of which at the level of Assistant Director Culture and the Arts or its equivalent and relevant position in the Public service or Private sector.
- Masters degree in Development studies, cultural studies, anthropology or any other relevant qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Bachelors degree with a bias in either music, anthropology, performing Arts or bachelor of cultural studies
- Attended strategic leadership development course lasting not less than 6 weeks from a recognized institution
- Knowledge in research areas of Culture and Arts
- Strong knowledge of the County Government Structure and line departments as well as knowledge about cultural, alcoholic drinks and social policies.
- Knowledge in Government Finance Management.
- Knowledge of County as National Heritage and Intangible Cultural Heritage is an added asset.
- Knowledge in performance Management and reporting.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High level of proficiency in verbal and written English and fluency in English and Swahili
- Good organizational skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong team-work and multi-tasking skills
- Good level of computer skills (Ms. Word, Ms. Excel, Power point) and
- Mastery of the local dialect will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
- Applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae (C.V), Copies of Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identification Card or Passport and any other supporting documents should be submitted in sealed envelope, to reach the undersigned on or before 20th April, 2016 at 5 p.m.
County Public Service Board
P.O BOX 2489-50200
Hand delivered applications should be submitted to the County Public Service Board Offices located next to the Governor’s Office. ALL applicants MUST attach photocopies of the following clearances;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance Certificate from the Ethics and Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigation Department
You might also be interested in: