2017 Kenyatta National Hospital Oncology Medical Specialist Job
MEDICAL SPECIALIST II, ONCOLOGY (CTC) – JOB GROUP K4 (1 POST)
The Medical Specialist II, Oncology will be responsible to the Chief Medical Specialist/Head of Department and will be expected to take full responsibility for patients under his/her care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing clinical procedures and making decisions on patients’ management in the area of specialization.
- Conducting regular Ward Rounds.
- Responding to consultations from other clinical specialties.
- Conducting specialist out-patient clinics.
- Participating in assessment of patients as may be required by the Hospital Management.
- Participating in research, teaching and supervising the performance of both medical and non-medical staff as well as post-graduate students.
- Participating in preparation of annual budgets for the department.
- Participating in Administrative activities of the department.
- Participating in delivery of hospital strategic plan and performance contract.
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters Degree in Medicine (Mmed) in Nuclear Medicine or equivalent from a recognized University.
- Proven experience of not less than one (1) year at the level of Medical Specialist.
- Specialist Recognition and retention Certificate from the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board of Kenya.
- Evidence of research and at least two (2) professional publications in reputable local or international journals on particular scientific findings/practices in the relevant field.
- Certificate in computer operations from a recognized institution.
Interested candidates for these positions and who meet the minimum requirements are requested to apply online and submit the Hospital application form in the Website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before Friday, 18th August 2017 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
Please visit our website www.knh.or.ke for full profile of all the advertised positions and the Hospital application form and also the link to apply online.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
- A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
- EACC Clearance
- Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
- HELB Compliance
- KRA Tax Compliance